Nubia Alpha smartwatch revealed with foldable screen
- This month has all been about foldable screens. After foldable smartphones from Samsung and Huawei, ZTE’s Nubia sub-brand has revealed the Alpha – a smartwatch which has a foldable display.
- The Nubia Alpha has a 4-inch flexible OLED screen of 36:9 aspect ratio which bends along your wrist to take a bracelet’s shape.
- The device sports a Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC with 1GB of RAM 8GB of internal storage and a 5MP camera. A 500mAh battery provides the power backup.
- Weirdly enough, the Alpha does not run on Wear OS, but instead, uses Nubia’s custom new OS built over Android. So, optimised apps will likely be quite limited.
- The Nubia Alpha will go on sale in April this year in China, and then will launch in Europe and North America in a phased manner. Prices vary between €450-650 (Rs 36,200-52,300).