OnePlus 6T confirmed to have in-display fingerprint sensor
- The OnePlus 6T is officially coming soon with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
- OnePlus 6T will be 0.45 mm thicker than the OnePlus 6. This is due to the rearrangement process the mobile phone will undergo since there is no fingerprint sensor, giving it a more unibody look.
- OnePlus said that they had originally intended the technology for the OnePlus 5T, but since this technology was only maturing at that time and no smartphone had actually implemented it at that time, the in-display fingerprint scanner rollout was postponed.
- The sensor is placed below the screen and shines a light on your finger illuminating the ridges making a sort of 2D map of your finger.
- As of right now in India, the in-display technology is only limited to three Vivo phones – NEX, X21 and the recently launched V11 Pro.