OnePlus 6T renders leak; waterdrop notch confirmed
- Ahead of its speculated October 17 reveal, the OnePlus 6T renders have surfaced online thereby spilling the beans about the phone’s design.
- The long-suspected waterdrop notch will very much be present above the OnePlus 6T’s 6.4-inch display. This will please many prospective buyers as the waterdrop style notch is a lot less intrusive than the regular one seen on the OnePlus 6.
- The renders also reflect two other already confirmed specs of the OnePlus 6T – in-display fingerprint scanner (no sensor is visible on the phone’s body) and lack of a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- In terms of dimensions, the OnePlus 6T measures 157.5 x 75.7 x 8.2 mm, which is slightly larger than the OnePlus 6’s 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.8 mm. Thanks to the size, the 6T will be able to accommodate a larger display and a bigger capacity battery (rumoured to be 3,700mAh).
- While the Snapdragon 845 chipset and 6/8GB RAM options will be carried over from its predecessor, the OnePlus 6T is also expected to run the latest Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.