OnePlus 6T reveal advanced to October 29
- The OnePlus 6T was earlier confirmed to debut on October 30, 2018 at simultaneous events in New York and New Delhi. Now, the former event has been advanced by a day.
- The reason behind this development is Apple announcing that its iPad and Mac event will take place on the very same day in Brooklyn. OnePlus fears being “overshadowed by Apple” if both events occur on October 30.
- “For hours, we talked to our press contacts to gain insight into how Apple’s announcement could affect the launch of the OnePlus 6T. We received considered, honest and thoughtful feedback. They showed us that if we chose to stick to our original timeline, launching the OnePlus 6T on October 30, we would be overshadowed by Apple,” said the company in a statement.
- It must be noted that the New Delhi event remains unaffected. Therefore, the OnePlus 6T will now be revealed in New York on October 29 and in New Delhi a day later. Amazon India has confirmed that the device will be put for sale on November 2.
- The OnePlus 6T will be the first OnePlus device to have an in-display fingerprint sensor. Then, there would be a bigger capacity battery and no 3.5 mm headphone jack on the device.