OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro full details leaked
- Ahead of their April 14 digital launch, the key details of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro have been leaked.
- As expected, both smartphones will rock top-of-the-line Snapdragon 865 SoC. Two storage variants – 8GB/ 128GB and 12GB/ 256GB will also be common among both smartphones.
- In terms of design, the new OnePlus phones are expected to look quite similar with a hole punch display at the front and a vertical, centrally-mounted camera module at the back (the unique circular camera module of the 7T has been ditched).
- The OnePlus 8 will reportedly feature a 6.55-inch FHD+ AMOLED display of 20:9 aspect ratio and 90 Hz refresh rate. The Pro model will have a 120 Hz 6.78-inch QHD+ AMOLED panel of 19.8:9 aspect ratio. Weirdly enough, the latter will not get the truly bezel-less display of the 7 Pro/ 7T Pro and will settle for a hole punch screen instead.
- Coming to optics, the standard OnePlus 8 has a triple rear camera system with 48MP Sony IMX586 main lens, 116-degree 16MP ultra-wide shooter and a 2MP macro lens.
- The OnePlus 8 Pro will come with a quad-rear camera system with 48MP Sony IMX689 main sensor, a 120-degree Sony IMX586 ultra-wide lens, 8MP 3x optical zoom telephoto lens and a 5MP colour filter with PDAF.
- The Pro version will also be the first OnePlus phone ever to support fast charging. In fact, it will be super-fast 30W fast charging, as fast as its wired alternative!
- Talking of the battery capacities, the OnePlus 8 Pro will feature a 4,510mAh unit while the standard model will get a 4,300mAh cell.