OnePlus Band launched in India
- OnePlus has entered the budget fitness band segment in India with the launch of its OnePlus Band. It has been priced at Rs 2,499 and will go on sale from January 13 via Amazon, Flipkart and OnePlus Store.
- From a specification perspective, the OnePlus Band is squarely aimed at the Mi Band, which is also priced identically.
- You get a 1.1-inch touch-sensitive AMOLED display with 126×294 px resolution on this device. It has a 100mAh battery that’s claimed to last up to 14 days on a single charge. Charging, on the other hand, can be done via a dedicated cradle.
- Interestingly, the interface of this band supports the Hindi language as well. The new companion OnePlus Health app currently only supports Android. However, iOS support is coming soon.
- The range of sensors on the OnePlus Band includes an optical Blood Oxygen sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, gyroscope and an optical heart-rate sensor.
- The band includes a range of exercise modes which include outdoor running, indoor running, fat burn running, outdoor walk, outdoor cycling, indoor cycling, elliptical trainer, rowing machine, cricket, badminton, pool swimming, yoga and free training.
- In typical smart band fashion, the OnePlus Band is also 5ATM as well as IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.