Porsche 718 Cayman T spied
- After the success of the lighter, driver-focused 911 Carrera T, Porsche is set to apply the same ‘T’ philosophy to the more affordable Cayman.
- The upcoming sports car, which will slot in between the 718 Cayman’s current S and GTS variants, has been spied in production-ready avatar with zero camouflage. This applies that the new variant’s official unveil is imminent.
- From the spy photos, it’s easy to see that the Porsche 718 Cayman T’s front seems to be lifted from the GTS model. The rear is said to resemble that of the upcoming, full-blown GT4 variant.
- Just like its 911 counterpart, the 718 Cayman T will also prioritise weight saving in order to maximise performance. The former boasts thinner window glass, scaled-down soundproofing, fabric door handles, etc., so expect a few of these to find their way on the latter as well.
- Power on the Cayman T is reported to come from the larger, flat-4, 2.5-litre turbo-petrol unit which will pump around 360 bhp. You can also expect the good old manual gearbox to be offered here.