Porsche Cayenne Coupe breaks cover
- The Porsche Cayenne has got a new coupe derivative so that it can compete better with similarly styled SUVs from BMW and Mercedes.
- Unlike coupe-SUVs from other German brands though, the Cayenne Coupe looks quite proportionate. It has got a shallower windscreen and a narrower A-pillar versus the regular Cayenne. Then, the roof edge is also lower by 20 mm and it overall wider by 18 mm.
- On the inside, the coupe has a standard 4-seat layout which consists of a new 2-seater rear bench. However, customers can also opt for a traditional 3-seat rear bench if they want.
- The rear seats are also 30 mm lower as compared to the regular Cayenne which ensures that there is enough headroom despite the sloping roofline.
- There will be two petrol engines options on this coupe-SUV at launch – a 2.9-litre, 6-cylinder with 335 bhp and a twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 that makes 541 bhp. More options, including hybrids, will be added later on.
- All Cayenne Coupes will come with speed-sensitive power steering, 20-inch alloys, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and Sport Chrono package as standard.