Production-spec Tata 45X spied
- While Tata Motors is already making headlines with the soon to be launched Harrier SUV, another all-new vehicle from the company, based on the 45X concept, is in the pipeline sometime later next year.
- Now, spy photos of the 45X with production-spec body have emerged online giving us first glimpse of the upcoming Hyundai i20 rival from Tata.
- For the most part, it’s silhouette looks quite identical to the concept car. The hatchback has a sleek grille that’s flanked by sharp, sweptback headlamps. The front bumper as an aggressive design, while the rear seems to have elongated tail lamps.
- While still a bit away from being launch-ready, the Tata 45X is rumoured to be powered by the 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine from the Nexon and the recently launched JTP twins. There will also be a diesel, most likely a detuned version of the Nexon’s 1.5-litre unit.
- Tata has expanded its lineup in recent years to many new segments, and in 2019, the homegrown carmaker will foray into the compact SUV and premium hatchback space with the Harrier and 45X, respectively.