Production-spec Tata Harrier unleashed
- Tata Motors has rolled out the very first unit of the upcoming Harrier from its manufacturing line in Pune. The SUV will hit the Indian market early next year.
- The company has also dropped the veil off the Harrier’s exterior and it stays ridiculously true to the Tata H5X concept it’s based upon.
- Up front, there’s a slick grille that’s flanked by LED daytime running light strips on either side. Then, there’s a steeply raked, coupe-like roofline and exaggerated wheel arches. The rear profile is very Land Rover like, but the sharp tail lights add characteristic appeal to Tata’s new SUV.
- The Tata Harrier is confirmed to be powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 138 bhp. The engine will be hooked up to 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox options, and both models will have multiple.
- The Harrier, which will likely be the most radical product ever from Tata Motors, is expected to sit somewhere in between the Hyundai Creta’s and Jeep Compass’ price bracket.