Production-spec Tata Tiago JTP, Tigor JTP revealed
- Tata has revealed the performance-oriented Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP. The launch of these cars will take place on October 26, 2018, which is when their prices will also be announced.
- To make for a sportier drive, both these cars sit lower than their standard counterparts at 166 mm. Then, the suspension and the steering setup have been tweaked in favour of better handling. Wider 185 section tyres come wrapped around new 15-inch alloy wheels.
- The Tata Tigor JTP and Tiago JTP are powered by a reworked version of the Nexon’s 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. Here, it generates 113 bhp and 150 Nm. Tata is claiming a 0-100 km/h sprint time of 9.95 seconds for the Tiago JTP and 10.38 seconds for the Tigor JTP. Multi-drive modes are very much present as well.
- Both JTP models get bespoke aesthetic enhancements such as a new sportier front bumper, contrasting roof colour, red exterior & interior accents, side skirts, dual exhaust pipes, all-black interior with special upholstery, and a rear spoiler.
- The JTP models are the first time that Tata has created performance-oriented passenger cars. While not powerful enough to be considered a ‘hot hatch’, the Tiago JTP has enough power (at least on paper) to give the Baleno RS a hard time. The Tigor JTP, on the other hand, will live in a segment of its own.