Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Snapdragon 730/730G revealed
- The new Snapdragon 665 succeeds the popular Snapdragon 660 and it’s made on a more efficient 11 nm LPP process as compared to the latter’s 14 nm one.
- The 665 has four Kryo 260 (clocked at 2.0 GHz) cores which are based on the ARM Cortex-A73 architecture. Then, there are four low power Kryo 260 cores based on Cortex-A53 which are clocked at 1.8 GHz.
- The chip consists of the new Adreno 610 GPU for a claimed 20 per cent power saving while gaming.
- Finally, the 675 has the new Spectra 165 ISP which supports up to a 48MP single camera or lower-res triple camera setups. The 660, in contrast, only supports a single 24MP shooter.
Snapdragon 730/ 730G
- The Snapdragon 730 is a successor to the Snapdragon 710. It’s made on an 8 nm process as compared to the 710’s 10 nm.
- The two higher powered cores on the 730 are now Kryo 470 which are based on Cortex-A76 and clocked at 2.2 GHz. The six power-efficient cores are Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.8 GHz. In terms of graphics, there’s the new, more powerful Adreno 618 GPU.
- The 730 can support up to 36MP single main camera and 22MP dual cameras along with 960 fps 720p slo-mo video recording and 4K HDR video Portrait mode.
- There’s also a Snapdragon 730G variant which has 15 per cent better graphics performance compared to the 730 thanks to its higher clock speeds.