Razer Phone 2 breaks cover
- The gaming-focused Razer Phone 2 has a 5.7-inch IGZO LCD panel with QHD resolution that’s claimed to be 50 per cent brighter than before. The aspect ratio remains 16:9 and this HDR panel also retains its 120 Hz variable refresh rate.
- The back panel of the Razer Phone 2 – which has a RGB backlit Razer logo – is now made up of glass to allow wireless charging. The battery capacity remains 4,000mAh, but it now has QuickCharge 4.0+ support.
- Processing power comes from Snapdragon 845 SoC with a new vapor chamber cooling system to eliminate any thermal throttling while gaming. The RAM option is retained at 8GB, so is the 64GB expandable ROM. The phone is also IP67 water/ dust proof.
- The dual rear cameras cameras of the device are all new. They consist of a 12MP f/1.75 primary sensor coupled with a telephoto 12MP f/2.6 sensor. The 8MP selfie camera remains mostly identical to the original Razer Phone. The powerful stereo speaker setup is carried over too.
- The Razer Phone 2 also launches with a bunch of optional accessories such as wireless charger and leather/ Kevlar case. The phone can pre-ordered starting from US $800. Given Razer’s lack of presence in India, we don’t expect this device to arrive here anytime soon.