Realme phones may get more expensive post Diwali
- In an official Tweet, Realme CEO Madhav Sheth has hinted that the company’s phones will likely see a price increase post Diwali 2018.
- Sheth said, “The rupee rates are falling and as a brand we actually work on low margins. It indicates that we might have to upgrade the pricing, just to make sure that we continue to give you the best technology in our upcoming offerings. We are trying to figure out a solution post Diwali”.
- Realme started as an Oppo sub-brand, but quickly became a standalone company thanks to its quick popularity in India.
- The company currently operates on low-profit margins so that it can stand its own against the current budget phone market leader Xiaomi.
- The Realme 1, which was launched earlier this year, was the most affordable phone in India with the relatively powerful Helio P60 SoC. The company’s flagship phone – Realme 2 Pro – is currently the most affordable phone with 8GB RAM.