Realme shipments grow over 600% during festive season
- A new report by CMR has declared Oppo-owned Realme has India’s No.1 emerging brand.
- During the festive season, i.e., September-October, 2018, Realme’s smartphone shipments grew by over 600 per cent when compared to the July-August period.
- The same research also states that the current market leaders, Xiaomi and Samsung, grew only by 10-12 per cent each, while Huawei and Honor grew by approximately 5 per cent.
- On Realme’s feat, Prabhu Ram, Head of Industry Intelligence Group, CMR said, “Realme’s breakthrough performance points to the fact that the India market still offers enough growth opportunities for aggressive brands with differentiated marketing strategies”.
- The Indian smartphone market has grown sequentially by 29 per cent in September-October mainly due to a plethora of new launches and aggressive schemes during the festive season.