Realme to launch MediaTek Helio P70-powered phone
- Taiwanese chipset maker MediaTek revealed its new mid-range Helio P70 SoC a few days back. Now, Oppo-backed Realme has already confirmed that it will launch a new smartphone powered by this new chipset very soon.
- Realme’s current lineup uses chipsets from both Qualcomm and MediaTek. The Realme 1 is powered by the Helio P60, the Realme 2 & C1 use the Snapdragon 450, while the flagship Realme 2 Pro houses the Snapdragon 660.
- The new MediaTek Helio P70 is based on the 12nm FinFET process. It’s an AI-centric SoC that claims to give 10-30 per cent increase in AI tasks and a 13 per cent boost in general tasks when compared to the Helio P60.
- Given all the performance enhancements on the Helio P70, it is expected to outperform the Snapdragon 660. Therefore, the new P70-powered Realme phone will likely be more expensive than the Realme 2 Pro.
- Currently, Realme’s range in India starts at Rs 6,999 for the C1 and goes all the way up to Rs 17,990 for the 8GB RAM 2 Pro.