Realme U1 official with 25MP selfie camera, Helio P70 SoC
- The selfie-centric Realme U1 has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 11,999 for the base variant and Rs 14,499 for the higher variant. It will be sold exclusively via Amazon India.
- The U1 is the world’s first device to be powered by the MediaTek Helio P70 chipset that’s based on a 12 nm FinFET process. The device comes in 3GB/ 32GB and 4GB/ 64GB configurations.
- The front camera of the device is a 25MP f/2.0 Sony IMX576 sensor that comes with AI beauty optimisations, portrait lighting and software-based bokeh support. The rear cameras are 13MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4) sensors which are borrowed from the regular Realme 2.
- The new smartphone runs on Oppo’s Color OS 5.2, which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Unfortunately, it still has the older micro USB port instead of USB-C. There’s no fast charging either.
- Alongside the Realme U1, a case for the phone called the Iconic Case, along with Realme Buds wired earphones (see image below) have also been revealed. Both cost Rs 499.