Redmi 9 Prime with Helio G80 SoC launched in India
- Adding yet another member to its ever-expanding Redmi 9 series, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 9 Prime in India at Rs 9,999-11,999. The first sale of this phone will be on Amazon during the Prime Day sale as well as on Mi.com on August 6.
- The Redmi 9 Prime packs a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with a waterdrop-style notch for its 8MP selfie camera.
- It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core chipset that’s clocked at 2 GHz. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage.
- At the back, the Redmi 9 Prime features a quad-camera setup for its 13MP (f/2.2) primary sensor, 8MP secondary ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP macro lens and 2MP depth-sensing unit.
- The battery capacity of this phone is very large at 5,000mAh and it supports 18W Quick Charge 3.0. However, only a 10W charger comes bundled inside the box.