Redmi 9 revealed with Helio G80 SoC
- After the Redmi Note 9 series, the more budget-oriented Redmi 9 has now gone official. It should launch in India soon.
- The Redmi 9 features a 6.53-inch LCD panel with FHD+ resolution and a waterdrop notch for its 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera.
- The rear of this phone resembles that of the more-expensive Poco X2. However, the quad-camera setup here is obviously inferior. It includes 13MP main + 8MP ultra-wide + 5MP macro + 2MP depth cameras.
- Powering the Redmi 9 is MediaTek’s Helio G80 chipset that comes coupled with 3GB /4GB of RAM and 32GB /64GB of expandable internal storage.
- Fuelling everything on this smartphone is a big 5,020mAh battery that recharges over USB-C. While the bundled charger is just 10W, it also supports 18W fast charging as well if you are willing to buy the adapter separately.