Redmi Go with Android Go launched at Rs 4,499
- Xiaomi’s Redmi Go has arrived in India at Rs 4,499, making it the cheapest phone in the popular Chinese brand’s smartphone lineup.
- Running on Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition, the Redmi Go is targeted at feature phone users who aim to graduate into the smartphone territory. The Android Go software comes optimised to function properly on low-end hardware.
- The phone has a 5-inch display of HD+ resolution and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 425 chipset which comes paired with just 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM.
- The Redmi Go has a single 8MP f/2.0 rear camera along with a 5MP f/2.2 selfie shooter. Both cameras have HDR support. The battery capacity here is 3,000mAh.
- Alongside this phone, Xiaomi also announced Mi Pay for India – a UPI based service (like Google Pay and BHIM) which will come integrated into MIUI very soon on all devices.