Redmi phone with 48MP camera to launch soon
- Xiaomi will launch a new Redmi smartphone in China on January 10, 2018, which will be the brand’s first device to have a 48MP primary camera.
- This 48MP camera is most likely the new Sony IMX 586 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture. Recently, this module has debuted on the Huawei Nova 4 and Honor View 20. Also, the upcoming Motorola P40 is expected to come with the same unit.
- As of now, how this new Redmi device will be positioned is unclear. Some rumours suggest that it could be the Redmi Pro 2, while others claim that it will be the top-spec variant of the new Redmi 7 series.
- Along with the launch of this phone, Redmi could become Xiaomi’s independent sub-brand to better compete with Chinese rivals like Realme and Honor.
- We do not know if this new 48MP camera device will launch anytime soon in India or not.