Redmi Y3 to have big battery, splash protection
- Xiaomi has teased the upcoming Redmi Y3 before its April 24 launch, but this time around, the company has revealed the phone’s 4,000mAh battery capacity which is much better than its predecessor’s 3,080mAh unit.
- The official page of the phone is already live on Amazon India. Interestingly, it says that the device will have splash protection so that occasional water spills don’t do any harm. However, keep in mind that splash protection is nowhere as good as water resistance.
- Then, the Y3 would also bring the trending gradient finish to the budget phone segment. The teaser shows a textured back panel with different colour gradients.
- Previously, the Redmi Y3 has been confirmed to come with a 32MP selfie camera, which will likely be the latest Samsung ISOCELL GD1 sensor.
- Furthermore, the device is also tipped to come with a waterdrop notched display, dual rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The SoC details of the phone aren’t yet confirmed, but it will be a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip, maybe the 632.