Renault Triber 7-seater MPV coming in June 2019
- Renault has officially announced the arrival of its small MPV, called Triber, in India by the end of June this year.
- The Triber will be based on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that also underpins the popular Kwid hatchback.
- The MPV will sit in a segment of its own thanks to its size. It will be larger than the Datsun Go+, but smaller than the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Therefore, it will be able to offer 7-seat flexibility in a relatively smaller footprint.
- Media reports claim that the vehicle will be powered by a re-tuned, more powerful version of the Kwid’s 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine. It will be interesting to see how a puny engine like this fares on an MPV.
- The Renault Triber will most likely sit in the Rs 5-8 lakh price segment. Expect Renault to drop more teasers of the car as the launch date approaches near.