Renault Triber launched at Rs 4.95 lakh
- The Renault Triber compact MPV has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 4.95 lakh, going all the way up to Rs 6.49 lakh (ex-showroom).
- One of the smallest and most affordable 7-seat cars in India, the Triber is based on Renault’s CMF-A platform that also underpins the Kwid. Despite its small sub-4-metre footprint, the Triber looks pretty proportionate and stylish.
- Powering this car is a rather tiny 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine which makes 71 bhp of power and 96 Nm of torque. Only a 5-speed manual gearbox is offered as of now.
- The Renault Triber is very well equipped for its price. Its highlights include an 8.0-inch infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, digital instrument cluster, daytime-running LEDs, and ‘Easyfix’ third-row seats which can be removed completely to open up a boot space of 625 litres.
- In terms of safety, it offers dual front airbags, ABS and rear parking sensors on all variants. Additionally, the top-end RxZ variant offers two more airbags, taking the total count to four.
More car news: