Revolt RV 400, RV 300 launched in India
- Domestic startup Revolt Intellicorp has launched India’s first electric motorcycles called RV 400 and RV 300. Deliveries of the former will in Delhi from next month.
- Both bikes will only be available via the ‘My Revolt Plan’ scheme, which is capped at 3 years. So, the RV 400 will cost Rs 3,499/ month (base variant) and Rs 3,999/ month (higher variant), while the RV 300 will cost Rs 2,999/ month for its single variant on offer.
- My Revolt Plan covers the bike’s insurance and service costs. Since these are electric vehicles, the only components needed to be replaced here are tyres and brakes. So, during the ownership cycle, Revolt will replace the brake fluid and brake pads thrice, while the tyres will be replaced once.
- The RV 400 was already revealed before alongside the debut of the Revolt brand. It has a 3.24 kW lithium-ion battery with a 156 km range. The battery here is removable so that it can be charged at home as well.
- The Revolt RV 300, on the other hand, is a new reveal, which basically is a toned-down version of the RV 400. Versus the latter, the former has a 30 mm shorter wheelbase, narrower tyres and smaller disc brakes.
- The RV 300 also has a smaller hub-mounted 1.5 kW motor, but due to its lower kerb weight & top speed (65 km/h), it can actually go up to 180 km on a single charge, higher than the RV 400.
- Both bikes will connect to your phone via the Revolt mobile app. This app will let users start their bike, track it, geofence it, check trip history, etc.
More bike news: