Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS launched at Rs 1.78 Lakh
- After launching the Classic Signals 350, Royal Enfield has now brought Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) to its Himalayan adventure tourer.
- The Himalayan ABS uses the same dual-channel ABS unit as the Classic Signals 350.
- Addition of ABS has resulted in an increase of Rs 11,000 in the Royal Enfield Himalayan’s price tag. The Sleet Edition of the bike commands an additional Rs 2,000.
- Mechanically, the Himalayan ABS continues to be powered by the same 411cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with FI. It generates 24.5 bhp and 32 Nm.
- Royal Enfield is adding ABS to all of its bikes in a phased manner. Reports suggest that after the Himalayan, the Thunderbird X will get this essential safety feature.