Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 launched
- Royal Enfield’s lone adventure tourer, the Himalayan, has been upgraded as per the BS6 emission norms. The new model has been priced at Rs 1.86-1.91 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Himalayan BS6 comes in 3 new colour options – Gravel Grey, Lake Blue and Rock Red. Additionally, the bike now gets a hazard light switch as well as an improved side stand.
- Powering this Royal Enfield is a BS6-compliant 411 cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine which makes 24.3 bhp (0.2 bhp lesser than BS4 model) and 32 Nm. A 5-speed transmission comes standard on this bike.
- As before, braking duties here are taken care of by a 300 mm front and a 240 mm rear disc brake. Dual-channel ABS comes standard, and the rider can now also lock the rear wheel while off-roading.
- Alongside the Himalayan BS6, RE has also introduced a new range of apparel and gear that includes s dual-sport helmet, lightweight jersey with armour, etc.