Royal Enfield Interceptor, Continental GT 650 launched; prices start at Rs 2.50 lakh
- The highly anticipated 650 cc twins from Royal Enfield, the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650, have arrived in India. The former starts at Rs 2.50 lakh, while the latter at Rs 2.75 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The 650 cc twins are the most powerful and advanced motorcycles in Royal Enfield’s current global lineup. The engine powering both is a new air-cooled, fuel-injected, parallel-twin unit that generates 47 bhp of power at 7,250rpm and 52 Nm of peak torque at 5,250rpm. The engine is hooked up to a 6-speed gearbox along with a slip-assist clutch.
- The Interceptor 650 is a neo-classic roadster that carries forward the company’s ‘Bullet’ legacy. It has a classic design with an upright riding posture. It also has a bigger fuel tank of the two bikes at 13.4 litres.
- The Continental GT 650 is a cafe racer that replaces the Continental GT 535. Even though it looks identical to its predecessor, it’s a completely new bike underneath with new cycle parts. Typical of cafe racers, the GT 650 has a very committed aggressive, sports bike-like riding stance
- Both bikes have a 320 mm up front and a 240 mm disc at the rear. Bosch dual-channel ABS comes standard. Both bikes also sit on the same suspension – 41 mm telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock, gas-charged rear unit with 5-stage pre-load adjustment.
|Interceptor 650 variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Continental GT 650 variant||Price (ex-showroom)|