Royal Enfield to reportedly introduce affordable model soon
- Media reports suggest that Royal Enfield is planning to launch a new affordable bike based on the popular Bullet platform.
- Expected to be the company’s cheapest offering, the upcoming new bike will reportedly replace the chrome bits on the Bullet with black paint. Also, the signature badge on the Bullet’s tank will be replaced by simpler branding.
- This step is being taken in lieu of the company’s falling profits thanks to the ongoing auto industry slow-down. Royal Enfield’s domestic sales have reportedly dropped by 22 per cent year-on-year in Q1 FY 2019-20.
- Royal Enfield CEO Vinod Dasari has officially stated that the brand will introduce new motorcycle variants soon to provide greater accessibility to its discerning customers.
- The company is also said to be working on compact retail outlets which will allegedly be called Royal Enfield Studio Stores. With such stores, Royal Enfield will focus on smaller towns in the country.
More bike news: