Rumour: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R India-bound
- According to a new report, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R has been spotted at the ARAI test facility undergoing homologation tests, thereby pointing towards its imminent launch.
- This news will bring joy to most supersport enthusiasts in India as the 600cc supersport segment – which also includes the renowned Yamaha R6 – is non-existent here.
- The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is powered by a 636 cc, inline 4-cylinder engine that pumps out 129 bhp and 71 Nm. It takes just 3.9 seconds to sprint from 0-100 km/h and can attain a claimed top speed of 262 km/h.
- Being a supersport, the ZX-6R comes fully kitted with premium gear like adjustable Showa Big Piston forks, adjustable Showa rear monoshock damper, Nissin monobloc brake calipers, three-stage traction control, two power modes, etc.
- Of late, Kawasaki India has been really active in locally assembling its premium bikes in India and, therefore making them more affordable. The ZX-6R, too, is likely to be assembled in India. If Kawasaki can price it below Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom), it is likely to find takers in a jiffy!