Samsung Exynos 7904 mid-range SoC unveiled
- Ahead of the new Galaxy M-series launch next week, Samsung has revealed the chipset which will power some phones from the upcoming new series.
- Christened Exynos 7904, the new mid-range chip is based on a 14nm FinFET process and is claimed to offer high-end multimedia features on affordable phones.
- The SoC has two Cortex A73 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz and six Cortex A53 cores that work at 1.6 GHz. It also has the Cat. 12 modem with 3-carrier aggregation that makes it possible to achieve 600 Mbps download speeds.
- In terms of display, the chip can support screens with up to FHD+ resolution.
- Coming to optics, the Exynos 7904 has support for up to 32MP resolution on a single rear camera. Then, it also supports up to three camera sensors, thereby opening the possibility for future M-series phones to have a triple rear camera setup.