Samsung Exynos 9820 unveiled; to power Galaxy S10
- Samsung’s flagship chipset for 2019, the Exynos 9820 has gone official. We’ll see this new SoC power the Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, and possibly even the foldable Galaxy F.
- It’s based on an 8 nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFET process. The chip also supports 8K @ 30 fps video recording.
- Going with the industry trend, the Exynos 9820 now sports a dedicated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) that’s aimed at making AI tasks around seven times faster.
- The SoC also gets the new LTE-Advanced Pro modem that supports up to 2 Gbps downlink speeds. Such speeds are likely to make it 5G-ready.
- Versus the Exynos 9810, the 9820’s multi-core performance is up by 15 per cent, single-core performance by up to 20 per cent and GPU performance by 40 per cent. Additionally, the power efficiency of the CPU and GPU are better by 40 per cent and 35 per cent, respectively.