Samsung Galaxy A80 revealed with unique rotating pop-up cameras
- The new Samsung Galaxy A80 is official and it has the most unique design of any modern Samsung smartphone, Galaxy S10 series included!
- The A80 has a massive 6.7-inch AMOLED of 20:9 aspect ratio which hides an optical fingerprint reader underneath it. The design is truly bezel-less, Samsung calls it ‘New Infinity’.
- Where the phone stands out is its camera mechanism. It has a pop up rear panel which can rotate its camera module housing about its axis so that the very same set of sensors can be used as both rear and front cameras! Watch the Twitter video below to see how this mechanism works.
- These cameras are 48MP f/2.0 primary sensor, 8MP f/2.2 ultra wide-angle sensor and a ToF sensor for 3D depth sensing, even in videos.
- The Galaxy A80 is powered by the just revealed Snapdragon 730G SoC that comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The battery capacity is 3,700mAh and 25W fast charging comes standard.
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) April 10, 2019