Samsung Galaxy Fold breaks cover
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold luxury phone has gone official with a foldable Infinity Flex display and a stratospheric US $1,980 (Rs 1.40 lakh) price tag.
- When folded, the phone has a 4.6-inch screen on the outside. The device then opens like a book to reveal its 7.3-inch screen. Both screen work in conjunction with each other. An app active on the external screen automatically aligns itself to the inner screen once unfolded.
- The hinge of the Galaxy Fold is one-of-a-kind as per Samsung, and it’s not visible thanks to the device’s clever design. On the right side of the deive is a fingerprint sensor.
- The Galaxy Fold has 12GB RAM and a “7 nm processor” whose details have not been unveiled at the time of the device’s reveal. Then, the phone also has 6 cameras, but again, the company is yet to reveal the specifications of these sensors.
- Since the phone folds, the Galaxy Fold uses two separate batteries which are engineered to work together to provide a total output of 4,380mAh.
- The phone will come in both LTE and 5G versions. Official sales begin on April 26, 2019, in the USA.