Samsung Galaxy S10e debuts; provides flagship specs at lower price
- Alongside the Galaxy S10 and S10+, the Galaxy S10e has gone official as the new entry-level member of the Galaxy S series. In the US, it starts at $749 (Rs 53,100), compared to $899 (Rs 63,800) and $999 (Rs 70,900) of the S10 and S10+, respectively.
- The S10e is the first phone in the series since the S7 to have a regular flat display instead of the curved edge one. The screen in question is a 5.8-inch AMOLED unit of QHD+ resolution along with a punch-hole on its upper right corner.
- The cameras on the phone are the same as those on the S10, albeit the telephoto lens has been given a miss here. So, at the rear is a 12MP f/1.5-2.4 primary lens along with a 16MP ultra-wide sensor. Up front is a 10MP sensor for selfies.
- The Galaxy S10e continues to be powered by the flagship Snapdragon 855/ Exynos 9820 chips (region dependent). It gets 6/ 8GB RAM and 128/ 256GB storage options.
- Powered by a 3,100mAh battery, the S10e shares most of its new features with its more premium siblings, including the new reverse wireless charging feature. However, the ultrasonic in-display fingerprint reader has been swapped for a side-mounted physical unit here.