Samsung Galaxy S20 series renders leaked
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 series, which will go official on February 11, has been leaked in new official renders.
- The S20 phones will have a different nomenclature than the existing S10 series. The base phone will be the Galaxy S20, followed by the S20+, which will be followed by the fully-blown S20 Ultra.
- Going by the renders, the Samsung S20 Ultra (centre) will have a significant camera island on its rear panel. The squarish camera you see separately on the bottom is allegedly a 10x optical zoom camera which can produce up to 100x digital zoom – unheard of in any smartphone!
- That’s not all, the Ultra will be the only S20 phone to have a 108MP primary camera, which will combine 9 pixels to create a big single pixel of 2.4 µm! Consequently, the native resolution will be 12MP.
- The standard S20 and S20+ are expected to feature only a 3x optical zoom and a 12MP primary camera. However, all S20 phones will also feature ultra-wide angle cameras, albeit of different resolutions.
- Leaked starting prices of these phones – €899 for the S20, €1,099 for the S20+ and €1,349 for the S20 Ultra. These prices look pretty eye-watering, however, it must be kept in mind that European smartphones prices are the highest globally, so we might be in better luck in India.