Samsung Galaxy Watch launched at Rs 24,990
- The latest smartwatch from Samsung, Galaxy Watch, has been launched in India. The 42 mm variant of the smart wearable is priced at Rs 24,990, while the 46 mm variant will set you back by and Rs 29,990.
- The Galaxy Watch doesn’t run on Google’s WearOS, but instead, just like its predecessors, it is based on Samsung’s in-house Tizen Wearable OS 4.0.
- The 42 mm Galaxy Watch has a 1.2-inch, circular Super AMOLED screen of 360×360 resolution, while the 46 mm one gets a bigger 1.3-inch one of the exact same specs. Under the hood, both variants have a 1.15 GHz Exynos 9110 dual-core chipset paired with 4GB of onboard storage and 768MB of RAM.
- Like most similar devices, the Galaxy Watch is fitness-focused and supports 39 workout modes. Then, Samsung has also added a new sleep tracker on the device which can monitor REM cycles. Also, it sports 5 ATM water resistance and IP68 certification.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch will be sold in India in three colour options – silver, black and rose gold. Also, the device does not support a SIM card. The Galaxy Watch has an LTE enabled version which hasn’t been launched here as yet.