Samsung Galaxy Z Flip clamshell smartphone unveiled
- Samsung’s much-awaited rival to the new Motorola Razr, the Galaxy Z Flip, has been unveiled. It will go on sale in selected markets (no, not in India) from February 14 for USD 1,380.
- The Galaxy Z Flip brings back the iconic clamshell form factor of the yesteryear, however, this time around, the whole display folds into half. The display is a 6.7-inch Infinity-O AMOLED panel with super-tall 22:9 aspect ratio.
- On the outside, there’s a rather tiny secondary display of just 1.1-inch. However, this display is also AMOLED and it’s just there to check notifications.
- Powering this foldable smartphone is a Snapdragon 855+ chipset with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The battery capacity here is 3,300mAh with support for a maximum of 15W charging.
- The main camera setup on the Z Flip consists of the same new 12MP main and 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensors from the new S20 and S20+. The hole punch on the inside houses a 10MP f/2.4 camera.
- This foldable phone also features AKG-tuned stereo speakers and wireless charging. There’s no headphone jack here.