Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo launching phones with screen holes this month
- In order to achieve maximum screen to body ratio without a notch, manufacturers have come up with the concept of punching holes inside the display itself to incorporate the selfie camera.
- So far, Samsung, Huawei and Lenovo have teased phones with such a design, and all these phones are launching within this month itself.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8s will have the brand’s new Infinity-O display, which has a camera hole on the left side of the active display area. This phone will be revealed on December 10 and is said to have a 6.3-inch screen, Snapdragon 710 chipset, 6GB RAM and a 24MP selfie camera.
- Huawei’s version, called the Nova 4, will launch on December 17, and it has a similar camera hole punched on the left side of its screen. The Nova 4’s aren’t much known, but it is said to feature the company’s top-end Kirin 980 SoC.
- Finally, the Lenovo Z5s will beat them all by going official on December 6. This phone is said to have the camera hole on the top centre of its screen, which would make it look a bit more symmetrical. However, Lenovo hasn’t officially teased the hole’s positioning – it’s just speculated based on recent leaks.