Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Note 20: Specifications and India price
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra’s price in India will start at Rs 104,999.
- It is built around a massive 6.9-inch Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED display with a hole punch cutout up top, QHD+ resolution, and super smooth 120 Hz refresh rate.
- The chipset on this smartphone continues to remain the Exynos 990 in India and Europe, however, North America will get the upgraded Snapdragon 865+, which seems a little unfair to our market. Anyway, standard RAM is 12GB and you get to choose between 256GB/ 512GB ROM.
- At the back, the Note 20 Ultra features 3 cameras – 108 MP main with OIS, a new 12MP periscope unit for 5x optical magnification and 50x hybrid ‘Space Zoom’, and a 120-degree ultra-wide-angle camera with a 12 MP sensor. There’s also a new laser focus module at the back for solving the 108MP sensor’s autofocus issues.
- The upgraded S-Pen now has just 9 ms latency while writing. Notes taken can now also be converted to Microsoft Office formats and synced with other devices. New UI navigation gestures have also been added to this stylus.
- Samsung’s collaboration with Microsoft has also resulted in special optimisations on the Note 20 series. You can now play games on the xCloud service – there will be around 100 Xbox games available in September with the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- The battery capacity of this phone is 4,500 mAh, which is much less than that of the S20 Ultra, and it supports only 25W fast charging. The phone also supports 15W fast wireless charging and 9W reverse wireless charging.
Galaxy Note 20
- The Galaxy Note 20’s price in India has been set at Rs 77,999.
- The standard Samsung Note 20 features a slightly smaller 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED panel of FHD+ resolution. The display is flat here, which might impress a lot of people, however, the refresh rate is also pretty underwhelming at 60 Hz.
- As a result of the lower display refresh rate, the S-Pen’s 9 ms latency on the Ultra model is also missing here.
- The triple rear cameras on the Note 20 are lifted straight from S20+. There’s a main 12MP sensor with large 1.8µm pixels & OIS, a 64MP 3x zoom telephoto camera (which also shoots 8K videos), and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle cam.
- The RAM capacity on this phone is capped at 8GB and only 256GB of internal memory is available. Also worth noting is that the Ultra has expandable memory, while the standard Note 20 does not have a memory card slot.
- Other specifications of the Note 20 are shared with the Ultra version.