Samsung Portable SSD X5 launched; can transfer up to 2800 MB/s
- Samsung has launched its first Non-Volatile Memory (NVMe) based SSD in India, called the X5. It starts at Rs 27,999 for the base variant.
- The Samsung X5 is a Thunderbolt 3 drive. It is meant to tackle heavy duty tasks like 4K video editing, real time 3D rendering, high-res RAW files, etc. The SSD can transfer up to 2800 MB/s!
- The X5 is made of durable materials too. It has a shock resistant internal frame and rough metal housing which can take accidental drops of up to two metres.
- On the launch, Sukesh Jain, Senior Vice President, IT and Mobile Enterprise Business, Samsung India said, “SSD X5 is designed to enable ultra-fast transfer of large multimedia and data files, thereby saving users’ valuable time”.
- The Samsung Portable SSD X5 is priced at Rs 27,999 for the 500GB variant, Rs 48,999 for the 1TB variant and Rs 97,999 for the top end 2TB variant.