Samsung reveals 3 new smart wearables
Galaxy Watch Active
- The new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is an affordable and sportier alternative to the Galaxy Watch. It can track as much as 39 different activities with the help of its inbuilt GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope and barometer.
- For the first time, the Watch Active comes with Blood Pressure Monitoring, along with the usual heart rate monitoring and stress tracking.
- It doesn’t get the signature rotating bezel of other Samsung smartwatches. Instead, everything is controlled via a 1.1-inch circular AMOLED display.
- Starting at US $200, the Watch Active runs on Tizen OS 4.0 which is powered by an Exynos 9110 chipset with 768MB of RAM and 4GB of ROM.
Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit e
- The Galaxy Fit and Fit e are smart bands which can track loads of different activities – 90 to be exact!
- Both are water resistant up to 5ATM and come with a heart rate monitor.
- These bands do not run on Tizen, but nonetheless, they are capable of syncing with your phone and getting alarms, calendar events and weather information from it.
- The difference between the Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit e is their display. The former has a 0.95-inch colour AMOLED screen, whereas the latter settles with a black & white PMOLED unit.