Samsung S20 Ultra official with 108MP main camera, 100x zoom camera
- The new monster spec’d Galaxy S20 Ultra carries an exorbitant starting price of USD 1,399, which should roughly convert to a starting price of ~Rs 1 lakh in India.
- It uses a gigantic 6.9-inch AMOLED display which has a refresh rate of 120 Hz at FHD+ resolution. There’s also a hole punch on this screen which houses the phone’s 40MP selfie shooter (with 10MP pixel binning).
- At the back, the Samsung S20 Ultra boasts of a 108MP primary camera which uses an industry-first 9-in-1 pixel binning tech to output 12MP photos with a pixel size of 2.4µm! This camera has f/1.8 aperture and it also comes with Super Steady 2.0 stabilisation along with 8K video recording capabilities.
- The telephoto camera on the Ultra is where all the magic happens. It uses a periscope lens with a large 48MP sensor (with 12MP pixel binning). This camera, which also has OIS, provides 4x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom, and maximum zoom of up to 100x!
- Then, there’s a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and finally, a ‘DepthVision’ sensor.
- On the power front, the Galaxy S20 Ultra uses the latest flagship processors. In India, we will get the Exynos 990, while the US version uses the Snapdragon 865. The base RAM option is 12GB, but it can go up to 16GB for those who’d like to boast about specs.
- Powering the Samsung S20 Ultra is a 5,000mAh which recharges with the bundled 25W fast charger. A 45W fast charger is optional. Also, like most 2020 smartphones, the entire S20 series has bid adieu to the beloved 3.5 mm headphone jack.