Samsung S21, S21+, S21 Ultra launched: India price, specs and more
Following Apple’s footsteps, Samsung has also decided to eliminate the charging brick as well as its AKG-tuned wired earphones from the retail box.
- The Samsung Galaxy S21 price in India is set between Rs 69,999-73,999.
- Featuring a plastic back panel this time around, the base S21 rocks a 6.2-inch flat AMOLED panel with a hole-punch, a fast 120Hz refresh rate, and a downgraded FHD+ resolution.
- In India, it is powered by Samsung’s new 5nm Exynos 2100 flagship SoC with 8GB of RAM and 128/256GB of non-expandable storage coming as standard.
- Coming to optics, the Samsung Galaxy S21 packs the triple cameras from the S20. So, you get a 12MP f/1.8 primary sensor, a 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide sensor and a 64MP f/2.0 telephoto unit with 3x lossless zoom and 30x zoom. The front camera is a 10MP sensor.
- Keeping the lights on is a 4,000mAh battery on this phone. It supports 25W fast charging, 15W wireless fast charging and Wireless PowerShare as well.
- Other highlights of this phone include AKG-tuned stereo speakers, ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner and IP68 water and dust-resistance.
- The S21+ price in India has been set between Rs 81,999-85,999.
- The major differences on the S21+ versus the S21 include a glass back panel and a larger 4,800mAh battery.
- The S21+ features a larger 6.7-inch AMOLED screen. However, this hole-punch display is also flat, has an FHD+ resolution and a refresh rate of 120Hz.
- Other than this, the S21+ is identical to the S21.
Galaxy S21 Ultra
- The S21 Ultra price in India is set between Rs 1,05,999-1,16,999.
- Samsung’s Ultra flagship rocks a 6.8-inch hole-punch screen that’s curved along the edges and features a QHD+ resolution alongside the fast 120Hz refresh rate.
- The Samsung S21 Ultra is also the first S-series phone to support the S-Pen stylus. However, the stylus is sold separately as an accessory both in small or large form factors. Unlike the Note-series though, there is no compartment here to store the S-Pen.
- There are quite significant upgrades to the cameras as well. First up, there are two telephoto cameras – one with 3x optical zoom, and a second periscope-style on with a whopping 10x optical magnification!
- The 108MP primary sensor has been slightly upgraded for better low-light shots as well. You can now also take 12-bit RAW photos from this unit. The 12MP ultra-wide camera finally gets the much-need Dual Pixel auto focus.
- The S21 Ultra is also the first Samsung to support 4K 60fps video recording on all cameras, including the 40MP selfie shooter.
- Drawing power from the same Exynos 2100 chip as the other two phones, the Ultra amps up both the RAM and the ROM, so you get 12GB/256GB and 16GB/512GB storage variants here.
- The battery capacity is identical to that of the S20 Ultra at 5,000mAh. However, it no longer supports 45W fast charging now so only 25W fast charging standard. Also, 15W wireless charging and Wireless PowerShare are also standard.