Selfie-centric Realme U series could debut soon
- While the Realme C1 was the first phone to launch with the brand’s alphanumeric naming scheme, a new development hints that after C, a new selfie-centric U series from Relame could debut soon.
- The U series phone will allegedly be powered by the new MediaTek Helio P70 SoC. In fact, Realme’s CEO had previously confirmed that the company has been working on a P70-powered device.
- Making a selfie-centric phone won’t be all that hard for Realme since parent company Oppo uses the tagline “selfie expert” with many of its devices. Both Oppo and sister company Vivo are famous for using high-res front cameras on their phones, and Realme could very well use one of these sensors.
- While pricing cannot be confirmed as yet, it is believed that Realme would continue to operate in the sub-Rs 20,000 price bracket. Therefore, expect the U series phone to be priced on par with the Realme 2 Pro.
- In another development, Realme CEO has hinted that the company might introduce Oppo’s VOOC fast-charging technology on its phones in future.