Skoda Kodiaq L&K launched
- The Kodiaq L&K is the new flagship trim of the Skoda SUV. It is priced at Rs 35.99 lakh (ex-showroom), roughly Rs 1.15 lakh more than the existing Style variant.
- For that extra money, the L&K brings with it a 360-degree camera, automatic park assist function, anti-theft alarm, iBUZZ Fatigue Alert system and Virtual Cockpit – a feature that was recently spied on the Octavia as well.
- Mechanically, the new variant uses the same 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine that’s good for generating 148 bhp of power and 340 Nm of peak torque. A 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox comes standard and so does an all-wheel drive system.
- In terms of safety, the Kodiaq is the only SUV in this price range to come with nine airbags as standard.
- The Skoda Kodiaq was launched in India in October last year and has received only lukewarm response since then. Skoda has positioned the SUV as an alternative to the BMW X1 and Audi Q3, instead of positioning it against the Honda CR-V and Hyundai Tucson.