Skoda Octavia may get Virtual Cockpit in India
- New spy photos of the Skoda Octavia have emerged online showing a Virtual Cockpit replacing the saloon’s conventional instrument cluster.
- This new feature will likely be reserved only for Octavia’s top-end L&K variant. This will make Octavia the very first car in the D+ saloon segment to have this premium feature. In fact, no vehicle under Rs 30 lakh has this as of now!
- A Virtual Cockpit is a high-definition TFT screen that replaces a car’s normal instrument cluster. It has a customisable layout allowing users to display additional information like navigation alongside the basics which include speed, RPM, fuel level, etc.
- Since Octavia is about to launch with Virtual Cockpit, it makes it inevitable for higher-end Skodas (Superb and Kodiaq) to adopt this feature very soon as well.
- Addition of this feature might result in a slight price bump on the Skoda Octavia L&K. Since the updated model is rumoured to have started arriving in showrooms, an official announcement may be imminent.