Skoda Rapid Onyx edition launched in India
- The ageing Skoda Rapid has gained another special edition variant in India called the Rapid Onyx edition. It is priced at Rs Rs 9.75 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Like all special editions, the changes made to the Rapid Onyx edition are purely cosmetic. It gets bespoke 16-inch ‘Clubber’ alloys, black wing mirrors, glossy black grille, projector headlamps with black inserts and LED daytime running lamps. Special colour schemes on the Onyx include blue and white.
- Inside, the Rapid Onyx gets standard leatherette seats, 6.5-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto support, rear sunshade and scuff plates with Onyx branding.
- The Onyx edition is being offered in all powertrain options on the Skoda Rapid, including petrol manual, petrol automatic, diesel manual and diesel automatic.
- The Skoda Rapid was launched in 2011 and currently one of the oldest mid-size sedans. While Skoda is engineering a brand new platform for the Volkswagen Group in India, we won’t see it fully developed anytime before 2020. Therefore, the current gen Rapid is sticking around for a few more years.
|Rapid Onyx variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Petrol manual||Rs 9.75 lakh|
|Petrol auto||Rs 10.99 lakh|
|Diesel manual||Rs 11.58 lakh|
|Diesel DSG auto||Rs 12.73 lakh|