Skoda Superb facelift, Rapid TSI launched in India
- The Skoda Superb facelift is priced at Rs 29.99-32.99 lakh (ex-showroom). Two variants are on offer – Sportline and L&K.
- The biggest change on this luxury saloon is its engine – the previous 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI have been collectively replaced by a new 2.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine which produces 187 bhp and 320 Nm.
- This engine, along with its 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox, can dismiss the 0-100 km/h sprint in an impressive 7.7 seconds (claimed). The ARAI-certified fuel-economy of this car is 15.10 km/l.
- Aesthetically, the 2020 Superb facelift gains a wider front grille, new bumpers, updated lights and new ‘S K O D A’ letters on the boot lid replacing the logo. The Sportline trim offers blacked-out exterior elements as well as a rear spoiler.
- The feature list on offer includes a digital instrument cluster, wireless phone charging, a new 8.0-inch infotainment system, 11-speaker Canton audio system, 3-zone climate control, front & rear parking sensors, hands-free parking, panoramic sunroof, etc.
- The new Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI is now on sale in India at Rs 7.49-11.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Just like the Superb, the Rapid also ditches its older engines, and instead, gains a new 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol engine which makes 109 bhp and 175 Nm.
- In case you’re wondering, yes, this is the same engine from the new BS6 Vento, and a 6-speed manual is the only gearbox option as of now. Its ARAI-rated fuel economy figure stands at 18.9 km/l.
- Certain new feature additions have been made to the 2020 Rapid TSI which include 4 airbags, automatic headlights & wipers, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels and a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink support.