Skoda Superb Sportline launched at Rs 28.99 lakh
- Adding a snazzier exterior to the Superb premium saloon, the Skoda Superb Sportline has been launched in India at Rs 28.99 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 31.49 lakh for the diesel variant.
- Bespoke touches on the Superb Sportline include glossy black treatment on the roof, grille, and wing mirrors. There’s a new boot-mounted spoiler which is also wrapped in gloss black. The black treatment then extends to the head and tail lamps, whereas the the new 17-inch wheels come in black-and-grey finish as well.
- The two-tone cabin of the regular Superb makes way for a sportier black dashboard with contrasting red accents and carbon-fibre trim. The seats on this variant are sportier and feature Alcantara inserts.
- The European-spec Superb Sportline also has a sports chassis that lowers its ride height by 15 mm versus the regular model, however, keeping India’s terrible roads in mind, this feature has been given a miss here.
- The Skoda Superb Sportline will continue with the existing duo of petrol and diesel engines in India. The former is a 1.8-litre unit making 177 bhp and 250 Nm, while the latter is a 2.0-litre unit that generates 175 bhp and 350 Nm. A 7-speed/ 6-speed DSG auto are the available transmission options.